YogaMakes is an online platform for Yoga created by Ratheesh Mani and Caroline Westling with the help of co-founders Christel Kinning and Malin Sävstam.
"The idea to start YogaMakes came from a wish to give back. To give back what yoga has given and brought to us. We want to remove the mystery and exclusivity that has surrounded the yogic tradition and make the knowledge available to everyone. We want as many people as possible to have the opportunity to study yoga in depth, and in this way we hope to spread some light into people’s lives."
R.K.M. Acharya Yoga
Advanced Yoga Education, Stockholm Sweden
Acharya Yoga is a systematised sequence of yogasana and pranayama. Its purpose is to help individual practitioners gain a better understanding of sharira mana shastra—the science of body and mind—and to fine-tune their awareness of the vibrational energy that flows through the body and the nervous system.
R.K.M. Acharya has systematised 108 classical Hatha yoga asanas and 41 types of pranayama that prepare the practitioner for the practice of dhyana (meditation).
This slow-paced asana practice invites the practitioner to move according to his or her own body condition. Practicing the asana with precision will stimulate the practitioner’s perception of the proper functioning of the organs and senses.
The physical practice of yoga will sculpt a strong and healthy body, which awakens an internal, intuitive intelligence. This internal intelligence steadies the mind and helps guide one through the various stages of life.
The awareness that is cultivated through the practice of asana improves the strength and mobility of the skeletal and muscular systems. As a result, the mind itself becomes more deeply interested in questioning and taking charge of lifestyle choices. The softening and rejuvenation of the flesh, i.e. the general health of the entire body, leads to a deeper connection with the primordial mind, that part of the mind that allows us to witness our thoughts and actions.
Acharya Yoga is an education program that encompasses the totality of yoga—pranayama, meditation, philosophy, chanting and asana. It is a holistic education that brings the student into health and harmony. It is suitable for anyone looking to balance and clear the body and mind, as well as anyone seeking to lead a life with full conscious awareness.
The course is open only to those individuals already practicing yoga. You need to have a minimum of two years of asana practice. A copy of your Yoga teacher training certificate should be included with the application form. If you don’t have one, please write a brief description of your experience and why you’d like to participate in this course.
Good physical and mental health, and a high degree of self- motivation are required due to the very nature of the course.
- Chanting and meditation that start and end each session
- Explanation and practice of advanced pranayama, bandhas (locks) and mudras (seals).
- Guided practice and self-practice (under surveillance of the teacher) of asanas
- Practice of kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Keeping a spiritual diary
- Sanskrit study
- Vedic study
- Bibliography of Sanatana dharma
- Study of the following texts:
- Viveka Chudamani by Sankaracharya, a standard text on Vedanta philosophy
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, a classic text about Hatha Yoga and how to apply knowledge Hatha Yoga in your teaching and life
- Srimad Bhagavatham, includes many devotional stories for the practice of Bhakti yoga and inspiring others
- Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjala Yogadarshanam
Classroom Hours: 204
Course Fee: 35,000 SEK
Application: Insert link
Schedule: August 2017 - May 2019, two nights a week
Once a month, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 17:45 - 20:45.
August, Wed 30 Thu 31
September, Wed 27 Thu 28
October, Wed 25 Thu 26
November, Wed 08 Thu 09
February, Wed 21 Thu 22
March, Wed 14 Thu 15
April, Wed 04 Thu 05
May, Wed 02 Thu 03
August, Wed 29 Thu 30
September, Wed 26 Thu 27
October, Wed 24 Thu 25
November, Wed 07 Thu 08
December, Wed 05 Thu 06
February, Wed 20 Thu 21
March, Wed 21 Thu 22
April, Wed 03 Thu 04
May, Wed 08 Thu 09
Application for R.K.M. Acharya Yoga
Advanced Yoga Education
Stockholm, August 2017 - May 2019
Peasecomplete the following information and send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a copy of your TT certificate or an explanation of why you wish to join. Space if provided below for the latter. You may send in your application fee of 5000 sek to clearing number 9420 account no: 333 9898/ forex bank. This amount will be deducted from the price of the course once you register.
Relationship to you:
Describe your experience with yoga asana, meditation, pranayama, chanting and philosophy.
Why would you like to attend the Advanced Yoga Education?
Do you have any injuries, illnesses or other health conditions that would affect your participation in the course, or that we should be aware of? If so, please describe.
Sadhana Intensive in India
Advanced Yoga Course
14 – 28 January 2018
This course is based on individual self-practice with a sequence of asanas given (to each student?). Each day is divided into two or three sessions and the emphasis is on intense and prolonged pranayama. Students work towards eight hours of hatha yoga per day, and this physical practice is balanced by the study of classical scriptures.
This Sadhana course demands a high level of self-discipline. Students are guided according to individual needs. Students are expected to remain within the ashram premises throughout the course and to maintain a strict Sattvic diet (salt, spice, tea and sugar free). There are no free days, and no access to telephone or email during the course.
This two-week course requires some preparation from the student. Interested students are advised to prepare by following a regular daily Asana yoga practice and a Sattvic lifestyle.
Technique of disciplining yourself -Intensive affords a unique opportunity to extend the limits of your capabilities, strengthen your stamina and develop self-confidence with long lasting effects.
Note: The course is taught in English only.
The Sadhana Intensive course is open only to already-experienced yoga practitioners. You need a general yoga education and minimum of 3 years of regular asana practice. A copy of your TTC certificate should be included with the application form.
Good physical and mental health, as well as a high degree of self-motivation, are required due to the very intensive nature of the course.
- Explanation and practice of advanced pranayama, bandhas (locks) and mudras (seals)
- Daily self practice of asana (under surveillance of the teacher)
- Practice of shat kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Meditation and chanting
- Keeping spiritual diary
- Study of Viveka Chudamani by Sankaracharya A standard text on Vedanta philosophy.
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika, a classic text on Hatha Yoga
- Srimad Bhagavatham with many devotional stories for the practice of Bhakti yoga
The daily schedule
Participation in entire daily schedule is mandatory.
• Practice of kriyas
• Morning and evening chanting with meditation
• Two or three practice sessions of asana and advanced pranayama that incorporate bandhas and mudras
• Study of Hatha Yoga Pradipika / Viveka Chudamani / Srimad Bhagavatam
• Morning fresh coconut milk drink, fruit drink, brunch and light dinner
The course director may change the schedule according to the need of the students.
- Only 24 places are available.
- Accommodation is a simple, relatively large room that you will share with 2 or 3 people.
- Couples are not allowed to share rooms during the course.
14-28 January 2018
- ₹ 152,500
- Fees include the course, accommodation in a shared room, morning juice and two meals, yoga clothes
Note: The price of your flight and inland travel is NOT included in the price.
You should should have read Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by the beginning of the course?
Send to email@example.com
Deposit on ₹50 000is due to sign up.
Full payment is due no later then 60days prior to the course starts.
What to bring
Personal toiletries, yoga mat, meditation cushion, comfortable footwear, clothing for warm breezes. You will be given 3 sets of white cotton pants and t-shirts to wear during your course and it is mandatory to wear them in the study and practice room.
- The airport you will arrive at is COCHIN (the airport code is COK)
- E visa is acceptable in this airport
- Pick up and drop off from and to the airport can be arranged for an additional fee